Freitag, 8. Juni 2012

Visit in Germany


This is my first blog and I should probably introduce myself and my project. Well, that will come, but not today. Apologies for that. I am fighting the technique of blogging and just managed to get the picture in the way I kind of want them. I put the time in but it shows Pacific Summertime, no, that's not where I am, but I can't change it. Or at least I don't know how to change it. The internet and I, an ongoing struggle.

It is just too strange to be away from Husi, the place and people I got to love and about which this report will be. I am currently on Clergy Retreat with my fellow clergy of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe in Schloss Fürstenried, Munich, Germany. Here one of my collegues showed me how to start a blog. So here we are.

I left Husi already a week ago and hope to return there next Wednesday, God willing. My program of what to do here is way to big and I just hope to be able to manage at least the bigger part of it.

Today Vision 2012 will begin, a conference of the Convocation, my diocese, to plan for its future and my hope is to make this project a part of it.

       
Schloß Fürstenried was built in 1715 by the Bavarian Prince Elector Max Emanuel as hunting lodge and royal residence. From the upper front windows one can look directly towards the Frauenkirche, the Roman Catholic cathedral of Munich.

Today's entrance is on the side, but it looks very impressive when one can look through the gate that was used for the royalties. 



In the middle of the 19th century an order of Trappist nuns found refuge at the Schloss. This was the first religious use of the building. At the beginning of the 20th century Prince Otto was incarcerated there for many years until his death in 1916.


















Today it is used as retreat center of the Roman Catholic Church. It has a French as well as a beautiful English garden with wonderful old trees that stretch their branches towards the sky and in which many birds find shelter. 




This blog will continue when I am back to Husi, the place this is blog was created for. So stay tuned! If God's plan for me fit my plans, I will be back mid week.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen